Are you a motivated psychology student and would you like to make friends from all around Europe? Would you like to organise an EFPSA event in your own city/country?
If so, then you are in luck: we have just extended our call for Org Com Coordinators!
We are searching for motivated individuals to apply for a Coordinator position of one of the following EFPSA events. Take a look at the details below:
Joint Executive Board and Member Representatives (EB&MR) Meeting
The Joint Executive Board & Member Representatives Meeting marks the halfway point through the EFPSA mandate, bringing together the EFPSA Working Community for a week-long face to face meeting. The meeting provides the perfect opportunity for EFPSA to evaluate the first half of the mandate, prepare for the second half, refuel motivation and work together on developing EFPSA further.
When? October/November 2023
Where? In a venue with accommodation that you will find in a city of your choice!
The number of participants: Between 60-80 EFPSA Working Community members
Duration: 8 days
Org Com teams: Administration, Social, Marketing, Finance
Org Com size: 8 – 10 people
Read more: Role Description
EFPSA Research Summer School
The first Research Summer School (RSS) took place in Leie, Estonia in 2007, with the topic of ‘Cross-Cultural Psychology’; it was then followed by Research Summer Schools covering different topics every subsequent year! By joining the RSS, you are sure to gain an incredible opportunity to become an international psychology researcher during your studies!
During this seven-day event, students immerse themselves in a programme of intercultural research where they have the opportunity to join one of six research projects led by a Ph.D. supervisor in planning and implementing a 12-month study. Apart from this, the programme is enriched by a variety of lectures given by professionals from relevant areas of psychology. Each year, all lectures and research topics are set around a theme, chosen to reflect a field of contemporary psychology. Since 2011, all RSS participants completing the training programme and committing to the research project have been invited to join the EFPSA Research Programme, extending the Research Summer School from a one-week EFPSA Event into a fully structured 12-month research programme. Finally, student researchers are welcome to present their work at the annual EFPSA Congress to the biggest audience of any EFPSA event: around 500 other psychology students, academics, and professionals!
In short, taking part in the RSS and entering the EFPSA Research Programme is a unique opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience and training in every aspect of the process of carrying out a successful research project; all under the guidance of an accomplished researcher and in cooperation with fellow psychology students from all over Europe.
When? July 2023
Where? In a city of your choice!
The number of participants: approximately 42 participants (36 student researchers and 6 supervisors)
Duration: 7 days
Org Com Teams: Administration, Social, Marketing, Finance.
Org Com Size: 5-8 people
Read more: RSS Org Com Coordinator
The 39th EFPSA Congress
The annual EFPSA Congress is the biggest Event of the Federation, which brings together around 350 psychology students from all over Europe for a week of diverse scientific programme, as well as an engaging social programme encouraging cultural exchange. Moreover, the Congress represents an opportunity for the EFPSA Working Community to meet in person and work on its projects and Action Plans, as it represents the start of the EFPSA mandate.
During the organisational period that lasts for two years, you will learn the principles and practices of event organising, develop your project management, and your leadership skills. Do not pass up on the opportunity to bring EFPSA to your home country or region by hosting the Congress!
When? April 2025
Where? In a city of your choice!
The number of participants: approximately 350
Duration: 7 days
Org Com Teams: Administration, Social, Marketing, Finance, Scientific
Org Com Size: 15-25 people
Read more: Congress Coordinator Role Description
The Organising Committee of these EFPSA events will have an opportunity to:
- Network with other European Psychology Students and learn about different cultures and backgrounds
- Communicate and establish connections around research with the Supervisors (Ph.D. psychology students)
- Closely work with multiple offices within EFPSA
- Gain thorough experience with organising events from the administrative, social, financial, scientific and marketing aspect
- Learn how to successfully organise large scale events
- Establish Teamwork and Communication skills whilst working within a dynamic team of individuals and with the EFPSA Executive board
- BONUS: Volunteering experiences like these are loved by employers!
- Get actively involved within EFPSA!
I am interested! How do I apply?
- Read the General Prerequisites Document and Org Com’s Roles Description. For Congress applications, read carefully the Procedures for Candidate Congress Committees before sending your application.
- Recruit motivated students from your Member Organisation or university to form the Organising Committee.
- Brainstorm ideas and plans for the venue, excursion day, fundraising, and more. Ask Events Office and former Org Com for help and input if needed!
- Search for possible partnerships with other local student organisations that might be interested in getting involved.
- Download and fill the Application Form and preliminary budget and send them along with your CV and proof of studies to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday the 28th of February 2023 23:59 (CEST).
For any further questions, either before or after filling out the Application Form, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!